Whist working on my HND I set about freelance work before opening my studio 2 years later. I owned the studio for 8 years in which time I built up a client base that I have retained to this day. I also owned a High Street photographer’s business with a turnover of £580k a year and employed 9 members of staff. During this time I also continued my commercial work. Please find listed some of the skills employed over this period.
- Liaise with art directors and direct clients to exceed their expectations on each brief
- Manage and tutor photographers as well other members of staff.
- Using set workflows to maintain quality such as understanding color management.
- A complete understanding of profit and loss as well as budgeting a shoot.
- Being absolutely customer focused.
- To plan, arrange and implement any photo shoot whether in the studio or on location.
- A good understanding of post production all the way to final output.
- To create an environment where creative ideas flourish.
- A continuing love of all things photography based.
- Self motivated, confident, creative and ambitious.
- A wide range of experience in most photographic disciplines.
- Proficient using Apple, Canon digital, Hasselblad, Broncolor, Sinar 5x4 and Elinchrom.
- Happy to work to tight deadlines without compromising quality.